Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Turkeys, Mushroom, Logs and Fish

,,,

Well Turkey season has came and past, I had alot of close frustrating calls this season but no bird in the freezer. Coyotes, Dogs, Wind, and Rain were all challenges I had to get past this year and couldn't seem to get past the coyotes. Everytime I would have a turkey coming in strong a coyote would appear out of nowhere and chase it off.  Maybe the coyote gods cursed me, but whatever happened sure made for a tough season.  Along with turkey season every year comes the morels.  I alone picked a few, probably close to 10 pounds worth and I searched for a total of around 2 hours.  Most of my mushrooms I wasn't even searching for em.  I have been helping my family remove some nice hardwood logs out of the woods and I would always stumble upon a handful here and there.  My brother Andy however picked more towards 20 pounds worth and mostly all big yellows. 

With the passing of Turkeys and the morels leaving here shortly that means that it is time to really start fishing.  I have been out a few times already this year but haven't been going at it hard.  The creek water will soon be warm enough to wade and I will be chasing trophy smallmouth bass in the day and catfish at night.

Well thats all for today, figured I better update this before it got past being a month.

No comments: