Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Well I figured I better get another post on here before the month ran out.

We had an awesome Memorial Day weekend. We planned a fishing/camping trip with Garrett and Lindsey so I had the site ready to go. I had to work on Saturday so we weren't going to be able to make it up there until late Saturday night right around dark.

While standing in the clock-out line at work my cell phone rang. It was Garrett calling to tell me that somebody was at our campsite. Not wanting to be a dick and make them move there already setup camp, I decided we would stay at another site that hadn't been cleared or used in many moons. I arrived up there at 8:30 and we got to work on clearing the area of chest high itchweed and poison ivy. By 9:30 we had it cleared, tents up, fire roaring, and dinner on. It is amazing how much work 4 people can get done when working together. The we stayed until about noon on Monday and headed home. We had a blast, I caught several smallmouth bass and Garrett managed to pull the only catfish in the weighed in right around 20 lbs. Daniel was good most of the weekend and enjoyed playing in the water and watching all the canoeist's go by.

My old hard drive went out on me for good last week. Thankfully right before it happened, my grandpa gave me a new 500GB Seagate External. 2 days after getting everything backed up onto it my internal Western Digital went out. I believe the controller board on it is what went, I don't know if I will be able to salvage it by replacing the board or if that is even possible. I bought a 500GB SATA Seagate and dropped it in before the weekend trip, so now I have a total of 1.08 TB's with my video editing, that should last me until the end of deer season this year. Well better head to bed.

No comments: