Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Snow!!!!!! My cousin came down today, and we originally planned on going fishing down at Merom, but with all the snow we got last night we decided to go play and fish another time. We took his four-wheeler up to my mom and dads, got my brother and did some "redneck sledding." We started off in the yard and that was fun but we needed more speed. So we decided to head out into the neighbors cow pasture. At first we were a little afraid the bull would stampede us due to his normal aggressive behavior, but he just stood and watched with amusement. The field, just about 20 acres in size enabled us to get a lot of speed, but only one problem. With the fresh layer of snow, you are unable to see the cow wallows and the tractor ruts. So that made for some interesting flying. I am surprised my back isn't broken right now, as hard as I hit some of those. When we decided to head off to another field with no ruts in it, my brother decided we would drive out there. While trying to stay in the vicinity of the trail, he managed to go a little wide and bury the four wheeler up to the fenders in......You guessed it COW DUNG. I quickly jumped off of the back when I felt the ground giving away but he stayed on for the ride. I had to grab the sled rope and while my cousin pushed in knee deep dung I was pulling. We got out of that and continued with the sledding. All in all it was a great day. I don't get to spend a whole lot of time with my cousins, so every second I get to see em I cherish. My cousin, is either one of the most skilled or the most lucky outdoorsman in Indiana. He has been catching trophy fish out of our home waters since he was able to walk, and he has some of Indianas biggest whitetails on tape while he was hunting. Now if he could only manage to stick an arrow in the boiler room of one of those bucks he would be in great shape.
Have a Good Day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe,
I finally got a chance to check your website out tonight.. I wanted to come see baby daniel and you two tonight but dani was sick so it wouldn't be a good idea.. Dad said congrats!!! You now have you a complete family and i just wanted to tell you i am proud of you and proud to be your cousin.. To be honest after reading what you wrote about me it actually brought tears to my eyes.. I cherish every minute i spend with you and andy also.. And now i cherish the time i spend with kristin also.. I just wanted to tell you and kristin congrats again!! Talk to you soon

Love Brent